Fiction Genres Accepted
- Adventure: Epic, Imaginary Voyage, Lost World, Sea Story
- Fantasy: Contemporary, Dark Fantasy, Fairy Tale, Heroic, Historic, Magic, Science Fantasy, Paranormal, Shape Shift, Sword and Sorcery, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Medieval
- Horror: Apocalyptic, Vampire, Magic Realism, Gothic, Paranormal, Zombie.
- General Fiction: Comedy, Humor, Young Adult.
- Sci-fi: Alternate History, Near Future, Apocalyptic, Super hero, Steampunk, Time Travel,
- Suspense fiction: Crime fiction, Detective fiction, Mystery fiction
- Thriller: Conspiracy fiction, Legal thriller, Psychological thriller, Techno-thriller
Submissions will be accepted January 1 - July 30 each year, with a closed reading period beginning August 1.
Novellas must be 30,000 to 50,000 words and novels must be at least 50,000+ words.
No fan fiction.
Manuscripts must be polished. No first drafts or incomplete manuscripts.
Manuscripts that you submit cannot be previously self published.
No attachments in the email.
No manuscripts on first query. *We will request your manuscript if we are interested in moving forward.*
No non-fiction titles.
No children's books aimed at ages 12 and under.
No submissions from outside the U.S./Canada at this time.
Non-fiction and Children's Books
Please Submit Non-Fiction to Native Ink Press.
If you have a non-fiction you would like to submit please check out Ink Smith Publishing's non-fiction imprint, Native Ink Press.
Submit Your Book Query
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Title Your email. Query, Your Last Name, Title of Your Book
- Cover letter: Tell us about yourself.
- Story information Genre, Word Count, etc.
- Synopsis - no longer than 1 page please.
- Your marketing plan, in the event we move forward with your manuscript for publication. We expect our authors to be active in the marketing of their titles alongside our efforts.
- The first three chapters of your story copied and pasted into the body of the email.
- No Attachments
- No Short Stories
Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.