Ink Smith Publishing’s submission period runs January 1 to July 31. We have a closed reading period ranging from August 1 to December 31. Any submissions received during our closed reading period will be considered the following reading period.
*Currently, Ink Smith Publishing is looking for Young Adult and New Adult novels in the following sub-genres.
Adventure: Epic, Imaginary Voyage, Lost World, Sea Story
Fantasy: Contemporary, Dark Fantasy, Fairy Tale, Heroic, Historic, Magic, Science Fantasy, Paranormal, Shapeshifting, Sword and Sorcery, Urban Fantasy, Medieval
Horror: Apocalyptic, Vampire, Magic Realism, Gothic, Paranormal, Zombie
Sci-Fi: Alternate History, Near Future, Apocalyptic, Superhero, Steampunk, Time Travel
Thriller: Conspiracy Fiction, Psychological Thriller, Techno-thriller
When submitting your novel please follow the guidelines below. All information should be included in the body of your email. No attachments will be opened.
- Please put the following in your subject line: Query, Your Last Name, Title of Your Book. Emails that do not follow this format will be flagged as spam and deleted.
- Tell us about yourself! Include a short bio, where you are from, previous publications if you have any, and links to your social media accounts.
- Please provide word count, genre, and synopsis.
- Your marketing ideas, in the event we move forward with your manuscript for publication. We expect our authors to be active in the marketing of their titles alongside our efforts.
- The first three chapters of your story copied and pasted into the body of the email. No attachments will be opened.
- Send your query to email@example.com.
Not following above guidelines will result in automatic rejection.
At this time, we do not accept the following:
1. Previously published novels
2. Fan Fiction
3. Submissions outside the U.S./Canada
4. Incomplete manuscripts
5. Non-fiction, Middle Grade, Romance, or Children’s Books.